On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me….. A giant hunk of LeeEEEAAaan beef.
This season is filled with such delicious food, indulge in the rich delicacy of this stuffed flat iron steak without worrying about your waist line. Flat irons are a lean cut of beef, economically priced and extremely versatile. They are the perfect family cut. This recipe is easy to prepare and delicious to eat, we hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
· 2 Tsp Fresh Thyme
· 1 Tsp Salt
· 1 Tsp Black Pepper
· 1 2lb Flat Iron Steak
· Mushroom Stuffing (See Below)
· 4 Tbsp of Butter
· 1 lb of Shiitake Mushrooms
· 1 10oz package of chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
· 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
· 2 Tbsp of Plain Bread Crumbs
· 1 Tsp Chopped, Fresh Thyme
· ¼ Tsp Salt
· ½ Tsp Black Pepper
To make the mushroom stuffing
1. In a 12 inch skillet melt butter over medium high heat; add mushrooms, and cook until golden brown and the liquid has evaporated.
2. Remove skillet from heat and add all left ingredients. Set aside to cool.
To make the steak
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F. In a small bowl combine your seasonings to use as a rub on your flat iron. With a sharp knife filet the meat so that it lays flat and can be rolled up.
2. Spoon Spinach-Mushroom Stuffing onto the flat iron covering the surface evenly.
3. Roll up meat in a spiral roll and with cooking string, tie the flat iron in two inch intervals.
4. Place the stuffed flat iron on the rack in a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes or until desired doneness.
Stay tunned with our blog through this Christmas season, we still have 11 more fresh and exciting recipes for you!
12 Day’s and 12 Way’s of BEEF Recipes
Day 2: Smokey Beef Back Ribs
Day 3: Crockpot London Broil
Day 4: Crockpot Philly
Day 5: Homemade Beef Sausage
Day 6: Beef Sausage Lasagna
Day 7: Crème Chipped Beef
Day 8: Roast Beef Hash
Day 9: Beef Pad Thai
Day 10: Chicago Steakhouse Sandwich
Day 11: Creamy Beef and Noodles
Day 12: Herb Crusted Prime Rib