You guy’s this recipe is something right out of one of those swanky downtown steakhouses with leather club chairs and a scotch bar in the windy city. It just makes you feel like your dinning in style looking at it. PERFECTION. From using a well marbled ribeye to the specialty dressing it just screams elegance. Even if you don’t like blue cheese it is a perfect complement to this sandwich, just try it this one time, you might be hooked! Impress your guests this Christmas with this one. - Pro Tip – This would also be a great way to use up any prime rib leftovers, but let’s be serious… that never happens.
· 1 20oz Ribeye (we used two smaller ones because it’s what we had)
· Salt & Pepper
· 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
· 4 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
· ½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
· 3 10 oz bags Spinach
· 1 large loaf French bread, cut into 8 pieces buttered and toasted.
· 2 Tbsp Blue Cheese Crumbles
· ½ Cup Buttermilk
· 1 Cup Mayo
· ¼ Tsp Horseradish
· ½ Tsp Mustard
· 1/8 Tsp Pepper
1. To make the dressing combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into smaller container and chill. Admire cute, chubby toddler fingers.
2. Heat a cast iron skillet to med-hi. Season the ribeye with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear the steak in skillet and cook to medium, about 3 min on each side. Let steak rest for 10 minutes.
3. Toast the garlic in the same pan you used for the steaks with olive oil over med-hi. Remove and let rest.
4. Stir spinach in olive oil and red pepper seasonings. Cook until wilted and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper then toss in garlic.
5. Slice steak thinly across the grain in ¼ pieces. Remove any non-rendered fat. Place on bun, top with spinach and schmear with dressing.
12 Day’s and 12 Way’s of BEEF Recipes
Day 2: Smokey Beef Back Ribs
Day 3: Crockpot London Broil
Day 4: Crockpot Philly
Day 5: Homemade Beef Sausage
Day 6: Beef Sausage Lasagna
Day 7: Crème Chipped Beef
Day 8: Roast Beef Hash
Day 9: Beef Pad Thai
Day 10: Chicago Steakhouse Sandwich
Day 11: Creamy Beef and Noodles
Day 12: Herb Crusted Prime Rib